The Adderall CrashDealing with an adderall crash, varies form person to person. Some people can take their meds and they wear off fine. Others get kicked in the nuts so badly, that the fatigue, agitation, sweats and puffy raccoon eyes feels like you just relieved your first day of hell week.
But fear not, my ADHD friends, I have some good news for you. I have some extremely helpful tips, on how to deal with the adderall crash and make your night sleep, actual sleep.
You most likely took too much adderall throughout the day, and pushed yourself to exhaustion and you’re now unable to do anything else, thus resulting in your adderall crash. Your head hurts, speaking gets slurred, and now you either need to get back to the way you felt 2 hours ago (you won’t feel that good so please call it quits with my adderall rule that you need to instill) or you need to pass out from this crash.
Please work on passing out. Here’s what to do in order to help ease the adderall crash next time.
Avoiding the Adderall Crash
1) Prevention is the first step in not having an adderall crash. I don’t mean to sound like a Catholic Church preaching the best way to not get pregnant or a STD is to practice Abstinence. No one believes that shit, because we all know that you can still get herpes from a public toilet. Well...only girls can... ;)
If you don’t overdue it with your pof consumption, you won’t end up crashing. Realize how much adderall you consumed today, and don’t reach that point again.
2) Exercise. If you can’t have sex with a partner, exercising is the next best thing. Or it’s the best thing depending on your sexual performance abilities. And/or if you just can’t get sexually turned on because you’re on way too much pof. This happens with guys not being able to get an erection because they have what is known as “adderall dick” or “pof weenie.”
Don’t get upset about that, it’s happens to the best of us. And it happens to me, and I’m the best of them ;)
3) Sex - If you’re able to have sex at this time you’re one lucky S.O.B. Having sex during an adderall come down has always helped me get release (no pun intended) from the adderall side effects of the crash, and passing out after the job is done is like cloud-9.
If you don’t have a BF/GF or a one nightstand to enjoy your adderall crash release then exercise. Sex is perfect because you increase your cardiovascular output and push yourself through the crash in a natural manner, while releasing your bodies own natural endorphins.
Oh, and masturbating does not count as sex. Although it still helps, it’s not the same.
4) Relax / Ease your mind. Stop staring at the computer screen, reading your ipad, watching tv, and texting all at the same time. You need to turn yourself off, and you’re not going to be able to unless you stop, drop, and relax. Yes, easier said than done so keep reading.
5) Eat - You mostly likely are starving and you don’t know it. Your blood sugar is low, your adderall crash is increasing and you’re becoming angry and short tempered.
EAT SOMETHING! Just do it! Eat a large protein meal, ideally lean beef. This will help your body rejuvenate itself, while also reducing the chances of you getting an adderall hangover tomorrow morning. Your body is not getting enough nutrients that it needs, and while consuming carbs will be helpful protein will give back to your muscles and give your body the extra push that it needs.
6) Marijuana - this helps me tremendously. But it also has negative side effects on some people who can’t handle the weed and start to trip out. The way I view weed and adderall is a boxing match between to handheld boxing puppets inside my head. There is no limit to the amount of weed I can smoke, which is great. Because weed always wins in the end.
7) Fever/Pain Reducer - Take two (2) aspirins. Baby aspirins, Ibuprofen, Aleve, etc.
8) Take vitamin C - Vitamin C helps decrease the absorption of adderall. This can slow down any further absorption that your body might still be doing. It also will help with your headache. Also, citric acid, found in grapefruit juice should also lessen the side effects of adderall, however, it is typically only effective when taken within an hour of consuming adderall.
9) Alcohol. This is the same for rule #8. Be careful however not to drink too much alcohol, because you’ll be fucked in the morning. You’ll most likely blackout tonight if you drink too much, because you have no food in your belly, and you think you’re a rockstar on adderall.
10) Ambien. This pushes me over the edge and gets me to fall asleep fast. Be careful not to mix uppers (adderall) and ambien (downers) together too much or taken too close to one another. This could be fatal.
12) Xanax. One of the best little helpers.
13) Ativan (Lorzepam). Oh...life is bliss again, with just one of these little anti-anxiety happy pills.
14) Cigarettes - Not what I do, but some people swear by it.
15) Meditate - I find that meditating in a dark room, with my eyes closed and really trying to focus on nothing, rather than adderall thoughts gets me into a relaxed state.
16) Music - Put on something quiet and relaxing and let yourself space out and become calm. I wouldn’t put on party music, because all you’ll want to do it party.
The best thing to do, is not to overdue the amount of adderall you take in a day. Stay within the recommended doses of your doctor, and don't push yourself with all nighters. The adderall crash hits us all -- but hopefully next time you'll be more prepared.